Posted by manicstamper on January 21, 2007
So starting with the black background which is just a large square card stamped with Versamark and dusted with the Perfect Gold, Perfect Pearls powder. I’ve let it set and then gently buffed it with a piece of tissue. The ribbon is tied around the card and then the ends have been secured with a tiny piece of DS Tape……just for a different look from loose ends.
The extra large tag is a Sizzix diecut and I have used a Wax Resist technique to get the pattern in the background but with a slightly different twist. The original card was a very dark green mottled effect and I had found, when doing other techniques, that it bleached to this beautiful turquoise. So I took a piece of waxed paper and screwed it up into a tiny ball to get loads of creases into it and then flattened it out and placed it over the tag. I then used a warm iron over the paper which melts the wax into the card and leaves the pattern of the creases. I did find the results were better if you didn’t use an ironing motion. Just hold the iron in one place and then move to the next.
The next step is to take a paint brush and paint all over the tag with bleach. The waxed areas will stay a darker colour and you end up with a beautiful subtle pattern/texture.
The main image has been stamped straight onto the tag up towards the top and has been coloured using Adirondack ink pads in Cranberry and Lettuce. The Florentine stamp has been stamped across the bottom in Stazon-Teal Blue and has then been outlined in gold gel pen.
I stamped another image onto spare card and cut off the brim of the hat to decoupage over the feathers I had applied, although I only glued it rather than putting foam pads behind it.The tiny brooch on the front of the hat is just a sliver of gold card with a 3mm hole punch circle stuck in the centre. I coloured the circle, once stuck down, with the handle of a paintbrush which had been dabbed onto the Teal ink pad and then added a spot of glossy accents to make it look like a jewel.
The lettering took longer to do than the whole of the rest of the card put together. The letters are cut using the Ellison Extended Cuts Neon Alphabet which are sooooooo tiny but I think the effect is well worth the effort. I applied DS Tape to the back of the gold card before cutting. Once cut out and applied I went around the letters with a very fine black pen to give them a little depth. After I had done it I realised that it looks just like it’s been done with a gold lining paste that you would use for glass painting so I was rather pleased with that.
Well I hope you like it. I’m off for a coffee now before I start on anything else and I must polish my wellies ready for this snow we are supposed to be getting……..I love snow.
Hope you all had a fab Sunday.
Bye for now:-)